The Latino Community Fund (LCF) cultivates new leaders, supports cultural and community based non-profit organizations, and improves the quality of life for all Washingtonians. The vision is a vibrant and civically engaged Latino community in Washington. LCF of Washington identifies, shares and advocates for what is working in the Latino community because healthy and educated Latino families build vibrant local communities and economies in Washington State.
Over the last 11 years, LCF has:
- Engaged over 10,000 individuals in King, Snohomish, and Pierce County, providing access to health care and environmental justice education and awareness through the Healthy Families Initiative;
- Empowered over 20,000 community leaders to become civically engaged through conversations on environmental and climate justice and Get out the Vote campaigns, in Spanish and English, in Snohomish, Pierce, King, Benton, Clark and Yakima counties.
- Enhanced the power of Youth across Washington State through civic engagement and leadership training as part of the Alianza Leadership Network
- Has invested over $500,000 in community grants and scholarships to improve education, economic empowerment, arts, civic engagement, environmental justice and health.
- Facilitated more than $800,000 for fiscally sponsored projects that have benefited thousands of community members through arts, legal aid, counseling, health, children and youth programs.
- Invested $400,000 in improving access to benefits for families, which continues to grow as families return benefits to our communities across Washington State.
To learn more and to get involved, click here.
This month, Seattle Met is highlighting the ten nonprofits that participated in our virtual Generocity 2020 event, presented by Vulcan. It’s not too late to register! Tickets are free and attendees are automatically entered to win prizes from local restaurants and retailers, signed Seattle Seahawks gear and a weekend getaway provided by Columbia Hospitality valued at $1500! Click here to learn more about these remarkable nonprofits, watch on-demand content and plan your holiday and end-of-year giving!