Nosh Pit’s Top Food Tweets of the Week
5. The "meh" backlash continues: Salon food writer Francis Lam, who is usually very genial, tweeted:
If you write "meh" ever again, I will quietly hate you just a little bit.
4. Got strong opinions about social media/coupons? Tell Seattle restaurateur Brian Canlis. He’s soliciting queries from Austin:
I’m moderating a panel at #SXSW with Groupon/Facebook/Urbanspoon about elevating the dining exp. What should I ask?
3. Seattle food writer Allecia Vermillion tweeted an Eater link Friday which offered the news that Portland is getting its own fancy-pants Starbucks.
Starbucks is opening an Olive Way-type store in Portland (complete with beer and wine) http://tinyurl.com/48jl6qo
2. Crazy-like-a-fox book-events luminary Kim Ricketts floated this intriguing idea around the Twittersphere.
what kind of a crazy person would open a culinary collectible tasty cookbook store in Seattle? would you still be our friend? send thoughts?
1. And while it has absolutely nothing to do with Seattle food, the Nosh Pit tweet of the week—a message so urgent and tweeted by so many people that its origin is unimportant—is this:
txt REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to Japan eq and Pacific tsunami relief. PASS IT ON
Have a great weekend, and stay safe.