1. In the Puget Sound Business Journal: Washington State lost 15,000 government jobs last year, more than any other state except California and Texas.
2. Our long municipal nightmare is almost over: The Seattle Department of Transportation's blog reports that Mercer Street in South Lake Union will open to two-way traffic on August 27.
3. The Washington State Democrats have a new ad linking Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna to Mitt Romney's VP pick Paul Ryan.
4. Both gubernatorial candidates say they want the state to continue to fund state parks, but neither will endorse the state park department's request for $18 million to keep parks open through 2015, the Everett Herald reports.
5. The Columbian offers its early verdict on liquor privatization: "Too soon to tell."
The Washington State Republicans alerted us that they had a new video as well: