This Week in Drinking
This week many of Seattle’s best bartenders flew down to New Orleans for Tales of the Cocktail, an annual convention/bartender bender. On Sunday we will learn whether Zig Zag won the prize for Best Cocktail Selection in the world. Check here for updates.
And in other booze news…
• Rancho Bravo on Capitol Hill began building patio, seeking beer license. [SLOG]
• This Monday the 6th, Keith Waldbauer worked his last day behind the bar at Barrio. Waldbauer will move to Vessel downtown and continue to consult for Kathy Casey.
• A new pub, The Market Arms, will take over the vacated spot at the corner of NW Market Street and 24th Avenue N. [SW]
• Tan Vinh went to happy hour at Ruth’s Chris, liked the rib-eye sliders. [ST]
• The Alibi Room, Kafe Neo, and The Tin Table made changes to their happy hour programs. [SM]
Meanwhile the rumors continue to fly, but there is still no official word on who will buy Linda Derschang’s Belltown bachelor pad The Roy Roy, nor on the name of the bar manager to replace Benjamin Hodgetts at Seth Caswell’s upcoming Emmer and Rye.
Check back for updates, and have a great weekend.