This weekend's weather forecast continues the gloriously sunny trend we're on this summer. Looking to cool off? Try these hikes to swimming holes; the water is cold, but the sun is hot and you can work up a sweat on the way.
• Lake Serene on Highway 2. Take the trail toward Bridal Veil Falls to just get a spray instead.
• Pete Lake on I-90. The trail is nine miles long but only gains a mere 400 feet in elevation.
• Talapus and Olallie Lake on I-90. A short hike and, even better, relatively warm waters.
• Sheep Lake on Highway 410. Great views on the way to a swimming lake.
• Denny Creek on I-90. It's more a natural rock waterslide than a lake, but still refreshing.
• Rachel Lake on I-90. Crowded, but for good reason.
Got any other favorite swimmable destinations?