There’s been a real if-you-build-it-they-will-come attitude toward fashion shows in this city over the last few years, so much so that you just can’t bemoan a lack of runways, eye candy, and inspiration. Not anymore.
And what a boon: The best examples support really worthy causes; one of my favorites is FACE, the Fashion Art Compassion Event, which benefits the Seattle chapter of Sunflower Children. 100% of the proceeds generated at each FACE go to support two schools for homeless and orphaned children, one in India and one in Nepal, that rely directly on Seattle Sunflower Children for support.
A key sponsor of FACE is Barneys New York. Along with some gorgeous specimens from TCM Models and Talent, Seattle Models Guild, and Heffner Management, and support from Caffe Vita and others, they bring the runway to the wonderfully historic Herban Feast in SoDo Park.
Wine tasting, courtesy Young’s Columbia, and a silent auction of work by regional artists round out the night. Lucky me: I get to introduce the whole thing, along with Terri Morgan of TCM.
Men’s and women’s edgy-yet-wearable looks from Prada, Lanvin, Stella McCartney, Rag & Bone, Dries Van Noten, Alexander McQueen (you’ll find an example from each in the slideshow here), and more are paraded under the event space’s sky-high ceiling, while you contemplate whether your gas or beer budget will have to suffer in favor of your spring wardrobe’s.
Tickets are available on the FACE site — and two of them will be given away right here.
Yep, here. Yes, free.
To enter to win two tickets to this can’t-miss evening on April 30, email the answers to the questions below to me at lcassidy (@) seattlemet.com
Yes, some are completely subjective, and some totally objective. Editor’s choice, friends. Impress me with your wit and wow me with your knowledge, and you’re in.
1. Dries Van Noten first came to the fashion fore as a member of what informal Belgian design collective?
2. Steve McQueen may be _________________________ but Alexander McQueen is _______________________.
3. One of the mums of the above mentioned designers/design houses started a frozen food line. Name that designer.
4. Which of the aforementioned designers/design houses served in the Israeli Army?
5. One should never wear _____________________ with ____________________ in _______________ because ________________________.
The winner will be announced on the morning of Wed April 29, the day before the show, right here on Wear What When.