Holiday Lights at Shore Acres State Park is set to sparkle again on Oregon’s Adventure Coast: Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve. This Coastal tradition of over three decades was on-hold during the COVID pandemic, but 2022 will be big, bright, and festive once again.
Hundreds of volunteers and park staff have been working diligently to make sure the largest light show on the Pacific Northwest Coast, with over 325,000 twinkling lights, shines and brings magic to park guests once again. As visitors stroll through world-renowned Holiday Lights at beautiful Shore Acres State Park, they can experience the wonder of the season. Whether returning or seeing them for the first time, memories are made, and traditions are established. Sip some hot cider, punch or coffee and nibble on cookies inside the Garden House.
Famous for its beautiful 7-acre botanical gardens and Japanese lily pond, Shore Acres State Park shines bright with whimsical, animated displays during the holidays. Revelers love the colorful garden landscapes, 26 large holiday trees, and dozens of lighted sculptures including life-size whales, sea lions, an undersea garden, and a pond with Koi fish and hopping frogs, leaping dolphins and more.
In previous years, attendance ranged from 60,000 to 75,000 visitors from more than 30 countries and six continents. Park staff expect the light show to be just as popular in 2022, if not more so, after a two-year absence.
A HOLIDAY TRADITION FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
This festive annual display debuts on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 24th) and will light up Shore Acres State Park from 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. each night (including December 24th & 25th) thru December 31st.The Friends of Shore Acres launched the Holiday Lights show in 1987 with just 6,000 lights and are excited to make it available again this season.
NEW THIS YEAR - TIMED TICKETED ENTRY
This year, Holiday Lights visitation will be through a timed reservation system. This is an effort to decrease long wait times and backed-up traffic conditions.
Entry into the lights is Free, but you must pay the $5 parking fee per vehicle to park at Shore Acres for the Event - in advance this year.
Here’s how to do it!
- Pick your day/time to visit - note that half of the parking tickets will be sold in advance with the rest available within 7 days of entry (NOTE: Tickets will not be sold at the gate this year. Advance tickets required.)
- Click the BOOK YOUR TICKETS link below to book your time
- Pay the $5 fee per vehicle
- Print your pass - you must bring the pass with you to enter the park
EVEN MORE HOLIDAY EXCITEMENT
When you come to see the amazing Holiday Lights at Shore Acres State Park plan to stay a while around Coos Bay, North Bend, and Charleston. There are other exciting seasonal activities and events to put a bow on your trip.
• The hearty, close-knit fishing families in Charleston light up a unique, Crab Pot Christmas Tree in the parking lot of the Fisherman’s Grotto Restaurant next to the bridge leading into Charleston.
• The Mill Casino Hotel hosts an annual fundraiser for the local Rotary, called The Festival of Trees. Here, volunteer teams creatively decorate the trees. These decked out trees are on display before being auctioned off. It runs from Nov. 28 - Dec. 6.
• The day after Thanksgiving, the Coos Bay tree lighting takes place at the Coos Bay Visitor Center with the Mayor and Santa. Santa will then lead everyone to the historic Egyptian Theater for the annual showing of Elf, starring Will Ferrell.
For more information on any or all of these holiday activities, or to purchase & reserve your timed entry parking for Holiday Lights, visit OregonsAdventureCoast.com.