King County Executive-Elect Dow Constantine announced his staff assignments today. Constantine takes office on Tuesday.
- Ronda Berry, currently the city administrator in Tukwila will serve as the assistant deputy executive for operations.
- Sung Yang, currently the chief of staff for Seattle City Light, will serve as the director of government and labor relations.
- Carrie Cihak, currently senior principal legislative analyst for the county council, will serve as the director of strategic initiatives.
- Frank Abe, currently the communications director for the county council, will serve as director of communications.
- Steve Call, currently a consultant in private practice, will serve as interim budget director.
- Lorrie McKay, currently state and federal relations manager in the executive’s office, will serve as director of customer service.
Constantine has already announced that state Sen. Fred Jarrett (D-41) will be his chief of staff.
Erica here: It's worth noting that Constantine's new team doesn't include either of his top two current staffers, both of whom worked on his campaign. Chief of staff Chris Arkills and communications director James Bush will move over to the county's transportation department.
Sung Yang held a similar job to his new county assignment at the city of Seattle, where he was Greg Nickels' liaison to the city council; Cihak had a top position on the council's central staff; and Call, a member of Constantine's transition team, served as budget director under Ron Sims.
In response to Glenn's question in the comments: Sims' longtime communications director Caroline Duncan took a job in the private sector several weeks ago.