1. This tidbit comes courtesy of Joe Turner at the Tacoma News Tribune: U.S. Rep Adam Smith (D-WA, 9) may be up for a job in the Obama administration.
Look for Seattle-area State Rep. Zack Hudgins (D-11, S. Seattle, Burien) to run for Smith's 9th-District seat, which stretches from south Pierce County all the way to Hudgins' turf—Renton, Tukwila, and Burien—if Smith takes a job with the new administration.
2. Former Seattle Super Sonic/Dallas Maverick, 7' 2" James Donaldson , who's been loudly making moves to run for City Council, is now apparently considering a run for Mayor too.
3. One of the head honchos at Gogerty Stark Marriott, the 5-star, downtown consulting firm (clients include AT&T, Boeing, T. Boone Pickens, Glacier Northwest, Fred Hutch, the Mariners, the Seahawks, and Alaska Airlines) is leaving. Partner Donald Stark is out the door at the end of this month to start his own firm, Smith & Stark, with consultant Gary Smith.
4. Thanks to the Super Bowl, SportsNerd, the last of PubliCola's Nerds, will make his debut today.
5. Waltz with Bashir, 7:20 or 9:40 at Metro Cinemas, 9th Ave. NE and NE 45th St.