5. Can you OH yourself? Joe Ruiz, a journalist in San Antonio, Texas can.
OH in the newsroom: Editor: Who didn’t sacrifice the live chicken for our tech to work right? Me: I had Chick-Fil-A last night.
4. LIFECOACHERS had some advice for parents this week:
Encourage your child’s artistic ambitions. They’ll be guaranteed a job for as long as Starbucks needs baristas.
3. Then there was this, from local chef and author Becky Selengut.
Never underestimate the creative power of a woman with pms — choc covered fritos!
2. At number two: That’s pretty much the only way we could get into it too, Mo Smith:
I will not be tweeting about the NBA. Unless someone tells me Thomas Keller has come in as point guard & is distracting team w/salmon cones.
1. Finally, the number one tweet this week gets extra points for 1. Newsiness (it refers to the FDA’s new food plate, the diet guideline graphic that replaced its classic food pyramid this week), and 2. Truthiness. Because life without the occasional poppy experience just ain’t living. (Old Hoss Radbourn is talking about eating at Jerry Traunfeld’s Capitol Hill restaurant, right?)
I hope there is room on the new "Food Plate" for tobacco, distilled spirits, and the occasional poppy experience.
Now go out there and enjoy the sunshine, but don’t forget to tweet about food! And if you see any Top Food tweet contenders out there on Twitter, please send them our way.