As if anyone needed more proof that this is one food-obsessed town, check out yesterday’s Seattle Times’ list of the top six books taken out of the Seattle Public Library in 2008:
1. In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto, by Michael Pollan
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini
3. Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Fight Terrorism and Build Nations One School at a Time, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Revin
4. Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia, by Elizabeth Gilbert
5. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver
And for the kiddies?
6. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle