Seattle Sea Lions
So, the usual: trees, the sea, and indigenous iconography. The Seattle Times reader poll came up with more interesting and self-aware names than this list, including the Seattle Freeze. But absent in both the registered domains, the reader suggestions, and anywhere else but my own brain, apparently, is the obvious answer:
Before you roll your eyes into that Flat White, kindly consider these ten selling points:
- Meets the NHL naming convention of coopting a region's major export (perceived or actual), like the Edmonton Oilers and St. Louis Blues
- Double entendre
- A big angry coffee bean would be an adorable mascot.
- "He just got roasted."
- Myriad logo options, from an actual roaster to the barista silhouette.
- Burlap-colored jerseys would be a look.
- Elm and Slate up in the arena.
- "Put a little cream and sugar in that one, didn't he?"
- Exists in the impossible realm between broad recognizability and hipster cred.
- Please anything but the Seattle Seals.