Last week we brought you the specialties of six Ethan Stowell restaurants; the dishes, he told me, “that we want to be known for.”
This week we bring you dishes Stowell deems best in the rest of his properties—including his newest restaurants.
- Staple and Fancy: Fried oysters; grilled steak; $55 prix-fixe Chef’s Menu (“Something like 90 percent of our diners put themselves in the kitchen’s hands,” Stowell claims.)
- Red Cow: Steak frites; burger with white cheddar, bacon, and chili aioli.
- Bramling Cross: Pickle fries; beer clams; Bramling burger.
- Tavolata (both Belltown and new Capitol Hill): Rigatoni with spicy sausage; semolina gnocchi alla Romana; pork chop.
- Goldfinch Tavern: Four-or-so cuts of steak; Wagyu burger with Beecher’s and smoked onion marmalade.
- Marine Hardware: A daurade dish; beef tartare; gnocchi.