PubliCola is to the go-to site for political insiders, elected officials, and government staffers.
• PubliCola is the #1 news site for Washington State legislators.
• PubliCola is the #1 news site for Seattle City Council and King County Council.
• City of Seattle employees read PubliCola more than any other online publication.
• 20% of our readers work in local government offices.
PubliCola readers are Seattle-based and active in their communities.
• 80% of our readers live within the Seattle city limits.
• 97% of our readers vote in local elections.
• 72% Male, 28% Female
• Median Age 34
• 79% have a college degree or higher
Advertisements on PubliCola get noticed.
• 75% of our readers get their news solely from online resources.
• 46% of our readers have clicked on advertisements displayed on PubliCola.
• 40% of our readers have attended an event they saw advertised on PubliCola.
Washington Post voted PubliCola one of the best AWARDS/Testimonials
state-based political blogs in the country.
• “PubliCola—a feisty political news site.” The Seattle Times
• “Since January 2009, PubliCola has offered rapidly reported tidbits and gritty opinion
about local politics.” The Seattle Times
• “They should be incredibly proud of the way they so quickly built credibility, becoming an integral part of the local political debate, virtually overnight.” The Stranger
• The Seattle Post Intelligencer calls PubliCola a “must-read for people who work in politics and government”.
• PubliCola has reached beyond our region with its stories being picked up by such institutions as National Journal, The Atlantic Wire, The Huffington Post and New York magazine.
• NARAL Power of Choice Award, 2010
• Government Affairs Reporter of the Year, Seattle Municipal League, 2007
• Alternative Newsweeklies Award winner, 2002
• 6 first place SPJ Awards, including best news feature and best general news reporting
PubliCola offers premium sponsorships and advertising zones that may be purchased by CPM. Our pricing is competitive and our Advertising Kit offers a full profile on PubliCola.
For advertising opportunities or for upcoming sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ryan Fitzgerald via email or phone: