More hot than haute, and never haughty, Union is the much celebrated solo outing from vaunted chef Ethan Stowell, a guy who could pull flavor out of cardboard. Lucky for us, he’s working with somewhat better raw materials—hamachi carpaccio, Ligurian olive puree, buttery Columbia River sturgeon—which he accoutres with keen intelligence, assembles into rather pretentious presentations, then underprices. (His multicourse prix-fixe tasting menus are a deal.) This balancing act between high toned and down-to-earth infects the ambience, too: It’s a classy midtown haunt, filled with power brokers and symphony mavens, staffed with unpretentious pros.
1400 First Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
- Dinner Mon-Sat 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
Bar Mon-Thu 5pm-7pm and 10pm-11pm; Fri & Sat5pm-7pm and 10pm-midnight
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Mayor Holds Parks Press Conference, Shoving Ensues
- Morning Fizz: Transportation Projects Don't Need to Take as Long as They Do
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Best Breakfast Spots
- This Week in Restaurant News: Flames
- The 30 Seattle Restaurant Experiences You Must Have Before You Die