Scott and Heather Staples, the duo who brought us Quinn’s and Restaurant Zoe, chalk up another winner with this highbrow burger shack in Fremont. The schtick is hifalutin’ foodie renditions of America’s favorite sandwich, and so you choose between all-natural Painted Hills beef or Whidbey Island Crescent Harbor 100-percent Wagyu grass-fed beef for your bacon-cheeseburger. The Sonora (jack cheese, cilantro, roasted chili relish) and Medi-terra (a lamb burger with charred peppers, manchego, fried lemons, and arugula) have the most fans; even vegetarians have fun with their emmer-portobello number. Embellishments are to die, from addictive waffle fries to thick Empire ice cream milkshakes. Best in nice weather, when you can munch on the patio out front.
4302 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
- Sun–Thu 11–9; Fri & Sat 11–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Conservative Opinion Writer Out at Seattle Times
- Morning Fizz: "Support of Property Owners Will Not be Forthcoming."
- Best Breakfast Spots
- The Dining Variable You Never Think About
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Morning Fizz: "We Have a Challenge Ahead of Us in 'To Be Determined' Funding."
- "Disruptive" Commenter Zimerman Still Barred From Council Chambers