This smoked-meats-and-whiskey bar from the prolific Brian McCracken and Dana Tough (Spur, Tavern Law, the Coterie Room) feels like a casual watering hole but traffics in haute cuisine—with each of its eight or so nightly meats smoked in wood, herbs, corn, bamboo, or other mediums. (When’s the last time you dined on lavender-smoked pork cheeks and $40 drams of single malt in a place blaring classic rock?) The food can be sumptuous: a gorgeously composed plate of roasted and raw gourds, where smoky roasted squash, curled cuke slices, and chunks of compressed watermelon come masterfully accented with mint leaves, dollops of yogurt, and Calabrian chili.
1410 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
- 5 PM-2 AM Daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: December 4–10
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."