It's de-lightful, it's de-lovely, it's de Hunt Club. From the Rosemary Clooney soundtrack to the votive-lit brick-and-mahogany interior, nothing says classic in this town like the Sorrento Hotel's crown jewel. Seattle cognoscenti aim for the sidewalk tables when they want a breezy shot of Amalfi; the beloved Fireside Room, off the Sorrento lobby, when the evening calls for brandy by firelight. But the big-ticket Hunt Club, which in recent years has fallen off the radar after a long moment in the sun, still performs Italian classics and Continental warhorses with eagerness and aplomb. And no shortage of verve, if one recent success—masterfully cooked greenling with fingerling potatoes and braised greens crowned with frizzled leeks and presented in a sweet puddle of riesling sauce—serves as indication.
900 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
- Mon–Fri 7–10:30, 11–2, 5–10; Sat & Sun 8–2, 5–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Best New Bar in Seattle
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Quality Athletics Opens (Officially) Today in Pioneer Square
- Tuesday Jolt: Mayor Murray Threatens to Veto Restrictive aPodment Legislation
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Report: Tunnel Tops List of "Highway Boondoggles"
- Cheap Week Seattle: September 15–21