The best tapas in Seattle come from behind the copper counter where Basque chefs assemble platitos of glistening octopus or veal tongue or smoked sturgeon, wedges of tortilla, crab-stuffed piquillo peppers, venison in pepper sauce, sumptuous garlic prawns, grilled sardines—and on and, hiccup, on. Good luck snagging a seat at that bar. With a party of eight or more, however, you can reserve the newer downstairs txoko, or "little corner," with its Old World open-beam construction and stone walls. A big communal table, plentifully lubricated, is the best way to enjoy tapas anyway.
2701 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98122
- Daily 5–10
Sat & Sun 10–2
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Update: Zara Seattle
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle New Year's Eve Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé
- First Look: Chef Jason Wilson's New Miller's Guild
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: December 4–10
- Morning Fizz: Keynote Speaker
- Morning Fizz: "However, If Corporate Resistance Results in the Ordinance Getting Watered Down..."