The Thai couple who run this crammed lunch joint near the corner of Fifth and Jackson discovered the secret to success in their New York restaurants: Use curries made in Thailand, with native lemongrass and galangal, from Grandma’s own recipes. The distinction is evident, particularly in the green curry, which you can augment with crazy-fiery hot sauce (one is labeled “No Kidding”), only if you’re, well, not kidding. Lunchtime finds the joint packed with wage slaves, digging the $5 lunches and sweating out their eye sockets. A takeout window now serves Capitol Hill. For dessert try roti, the panfried flat bread of Thai street culture, drizzled with condensed milk and lavished with whatever sweet toppings are listed on the wall-size chalkboards. Gotta have cash.
1122 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98122
- Mon–Fri 11–3
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Mayor Holds Parks Press Conference, Shoving Ensues
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Seafood Road Trips
- Oh, NO—La Bête Will Say Farewell in August
- Morning Fizz: Transportation Projects Don't Need to Take as Long as They Do