Forging just the right balance between the bohemian-comfy spot it looks like—stucco walls, someone’s grandma’s old living room floor lamps set to way-dim—and the distinguished destination dining room it cooks like, Stumbling Goat has earned its status as one of this city’s premier neighborhood draws. Thank a tight menu of seasonal innovations—an earthy-sweet squash soup topped with herbed croutons; a tart and musky plate of house-smoked sturgeon with an egg-celeriac salad and caramelized leeks; a crackling-skin roast chicken with roasted garlic cloves that, since it never leaves the menu, attracts groupies across several states. Service tends toward the pokey and the friendly. Great cocktails.
6722 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
- Tue–Sun 5–9; Sat 8-noon, 5–10; Sun 8-1, 5-10 Closed Mon
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."
- There Are Two New Faces Behind the Bar at Zig Zag
- Morning Fizz: Council Skeptical of $1.07 Billion Waterfront Project (LIKE); Celis in Bike Gear (DISLIKE)