A decidedly techno feel dominates within the gunmetal, grommet-bolted walls and towering ceiling of this shaft of a Belltown gastropub—and there’s a little Wild West thrown in (check the John Wayne movies on the bar TV) for…well, for aesthetic confusion, truth be told. But there’s nothing confusing about Spur’s function for Belltown revelers: It opened as the most urbane watering hole in that well-watered district, offering artisan cocktails (employing boutique liquors, topped with foams, even flamed for effect) and noshes that land somewhere between studiously impressive and extraordinary. Exhibits A and B: butterfish over pea puree with morels; pork belly sliders with mustard and smoked orange marmalade. Spur may be a little hipper than it needs to be, but the food is all substance. No children.
113 Blanchard St
Seattle, WA 98121
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé