The good folks at Red Mill are both ahead of the times (cellphones are "just rude, dude") and behind them (no credit cards, please)—but let’s talk about the here and now, because right this second you’re craving their bacon deluxe with cheese. Order at the counter of one of John and Babe’s three cozy burger shacks, duke it out for one of the oversize wood booths (or any seat at all, in this overpopulated joint), then wrap your maw around the kaiser bun with its thick juicy patty, topped with peppery bacon and dripping spicy mayo. Grab an order of cornmeal-crusted onion rings for good measure—they’re quite simply the best in town—or, at the new outpost by the Ballard locks, an order of killer, greaseless fish-and-chips.
312 N 67th St
Seattle, WA 98103
- Tue–Sat 11–9
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- First Look: Chef Jason Stratton's Aragona
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- Update: Zara Seattle
- An Eater’s Guide to the Malls
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen
- Behind the Scenes: Seattle Designer Reina Acab of Le Notre
- Morning Fizz: Two Deputy Mayors
- Morning Fizz: Future Salaries