A French bistro menu, a fleet of crisp-white-shirted waiters, and a bubbling crowd greet diners in this fourth iteration of the minimalist cement-walled space on the Madrona strip—the best iteration yet. The reason? The steak-frites lineup, offering five cuts of meat up the ladder of price points with a choice of four sauces—a swell match to how the Madrona mix of families and young professionals want to eat. (No need to venture beyond the $21 hanger steak, btw; it’s plenty tender and flavorful.) Beyond that, the Ethan Stowell quality control in the kitchen is amply evident across bistro classics; if it’s available don’t miss the lush goat cheese–mushroom tartine. Great bar.
1423 34th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Sunday - Thursday 5pm to 10pm
Friday - Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Best Breakfast Spots
- The New Seattle Breakfast
- An Entire Summer's Worth of Amazing Patios
- A Fiendish Conversation with the Lonely Forest's John Van Deusen
- Morning Fizz: Location by Average Income
- Soundgarden and Pharrell Williams Celebrate the Seahawks with Free NFL Kickoff Concert
- Seattle’s Best Seafood