There may be a drawbridge out the window, but don’t go assuming the draw is the bridge. Ponti is a Seattle classic now at the top of its game with original chef Alvin Binuya back in the kitchen. From the casual bar or one of the elegant butternut rooms, diners look over the breezy patios to the Fremont Bridge and drifting Ship Canal traffic. The menu colors Northwest classics with Asian and Continental hues, as in the salmon (always a good bet here) with a green curry ratatouille. And the grilled, marinated, unbreaded calamari, lively with olives, tomato, and watercress, make you wonder why everyone else insists on battering the poor cephalopods.
3014 3rd Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
- 4–10:30 daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: December 4–10
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."