A textbook exemplar of that burgeoning new dining category, the cocktail and nosh lounge, is this Phinney Ridge winner. A former Carmelita chef and server joined forces—first to create a son named Oliver, then his namesake lounge. It’s got a long bar and arty persimmon walls, pillowed banquettes and dusky illumination (and perpetually steamed windows), as well as a teensy kitchen. Still, that kitchen produces nibbles—not so much dinners as elements of dinners—which showcase an artful aesthetic, from garlic truffle-salted popcorn to a frisky bread salad to the best grilled cheese you’ve ever had. And to accompany, substantial cocktails like a grapefruity vermouth number called the Sowerberry.
6822 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
- Sun–Tue 5–10; Wed–Sat 5–11, Mon 5–11
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)