A textbook exemplar of that burgeoning new dining category, the cocktail and nosh lounge, is this Phinney Ridge winner. A former Carmelita chef and server joined forces—first to create a son named Oliver, then his namesake lounge. It’s got a long bar and arty persimmon walls, pillowed banquettes and dusky illumination (and perpetually steamed windows), as well as a teensy kitchen. Still, that kitchen produces nibbles—not so much dinners as elements of dinners—which showcase an artful aesthetic, from garlic truffle-salted popcorn to a frisky bread salad to the best grilled cheese you’ve ever had. And to accompany, substantial cocktails like a grapefruity vermouth number called the Sowerberry.
6822 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
- Sun–Tue 5–10; Wed–Sat 5–11, Mon 5–11
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."