While we certainly have cupcakes covered, Seattle once fell short when it came to the cold, creamy stuff. That all changed with the opening of Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream in Wallingford, and, more recently, other outposts around town, even a mobile truck. An 11pm closing time and flavors like Balsamic Strawberry and Vivace Coffee hinted that owner Molly Moon Neitzel wasn't just catering to the kiddies; a whopping 19 percent butterfat content sealed it. Her rich scoops turned out to be well-balanced, complex confections that transform the most sober adult into the kind of obsessive who runs after ice-cream trucks.
917 E Pine St
Seattle, WA 98122
- Noon–11 daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- First Look: Chef Jason Stratton's Aragona
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- Update: Zara Seattle
- An Eater’s Guide to the Malls
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen
- Behind the Scenes: Seattle Designer Reina Acab of Le Notre
- Morning Fizz: Two Deputy Mayors
- Morning Fizz: Future Salaries