Ballard’s La Carta de Oaxaca is where Seattleites learned to spoon hunks of moist chicken flesh off the bone, swaddle them in warm corn tortillas, then lavish them thickly with a mole negro of unfathomable nuance and fire. Now atop Queen Anne, La Carta’s little sister Mezcaleria Oaxaca peddles the same carefully traditional fare—Oaxacan tacos and enchiladas and posoles—with the addition of slow-roasted, chili-marinated goat, and a mezcal bar serving 13 varieties of that cowboy cousin of tequila. Atmo is slightly folksier and more homespun than that of its Ballard sib—bring the family!—but the joint radiates its authenticity through a haze of amber light worthy of any worm.
2123 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
- Wed–Sat noon–3
Fri & Sat 5pm–midnight
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."
- There Are Two New Faces Behind the Bar at Zig Zag
- Morning Fizz: Council Skeptical of $1.07 Billion Waterfront Project (LIKE); Celis in Bike Gear (DISLIKE)