The unofficial commissary of the financial district, this chophouse is handsome in the manliest of ways—from the noble burnished wood and brass appointments to the power steaks coming out of the kitchen. It’s the flagship of Consolidated Restaurants, a chain known for letting the diner set the agenda, so the Met delivers everything you expect and nothing you don’t: straightforward preparations of dependable beef, lots of single malt Scotches, seafood and pastas and salads for contrast, insider trading across tables (kid-ding!), even stock market postings in the lively bar.
820 Second Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2013
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- This Week in Happy Hour: Oyster Edition
- Parfait Ice Cream Is Opening a Shop (and Patisserie!) in Ballard
- Morning Fizz: "I Was You"
- Morning Fizz: Mayor's Race Fundraising Surprises
- Monday Jolt: Council Scuttles McGinn's Proposed Ship Canal Bridge Study
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: June 19–25