The unofficial commissary of the financial district, this chophouse is handsome in the manliest of ways—from the noble burnished wood and brass appointments to the power steaks coming out of the kitchen. It’s the flagship of Consolidated Restaurants, a chain known for letting the diner set the agenda, so the Met delivers everything you expect and nothing you don’t: straightforward preparations of dependable beef, lots of single malt Scotches, seafood and pastas and salads for contrast, insider trading across tables (kid-ding!), even stock market postings in the lively bar.
820 Second Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
- Mon–Thu 11am-10pm; Fri 11am–10:30pm; Sat 4–11pm; Sun 4–9pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."
- There Are Two New Faces Behind the Bar at Zig Zag
- Morning Fizz: Council Skeptical of $1.07 Billion Waterfront Project (LIKE); Celis in Bike Gear (DISLIKE)