The unofficial commissary of the financial district, this chophouse is handsome in the manliest of ways—from the noble burnished wood and brass appointments to the power steaks coming out of the kitchen. It’s the flagship of Consolidated Restaurants, a chain known for letting the diner set the agenda, so the Met delivers everything you expect and nothing you don’t: straightforward preparations of dependable beef, lots of single malt Scotches, seafood and pastas and salads for contrast, insider trading across tables (kid-ding!), even stock market postings in the lively bar.
820 Second Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé