The unofficial commissary of the financial district, this chophouse is handsome in the manliest of ways—from the noble burnished wood and brass appointments to the power steaks coming out of the kitchen. It’s the flagship of Consolidated Restaurants, a chain known for letting the diner set the agenda, so the Met delivers everything you expect and nothing you don’t: straightforward preparations of dependable beef, lots of single malt Scotches, seafood and pastas and salads for contrast, insider trading across tables (kid-ding!), even stock market postings in the lively bar.
820 Second Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
- Mon–Thu 11am-10pm; Fri 11am–10:30pm; Sat 4–11pm; Sun 4–9pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- 25 Drop-Dead Extraordinary Sandwiches
- Judy Travis Is the 21st Century Video Star
- The 30 Seattle Restaurant Experiences You Must Have Before You Die
- Morning Fizz: Former Democratic House Member to Run as Republican
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 6–9
- The Pedestrian Chronicles: The Pike-Pine Corridor
- The Working Stiff's Guide to Lunch in the City
- The Waterfront Gondola is Really Happening (Probably)