First there was the truck, which trundled away with Good Morning America’s Best Food Cart in the Nation award for its Spam sliders, kimchi fried rice, ginger-chicken tacos, and other vibrant collisions of Korean, Hawaiian, even Mexican flavors. Then there was the brick-and-mortar foothold, Marination Station, at Pike and Broadway. Now meet Marination Ma Kai, which holds down the West Seattle Water Taxi stop by the sheer weight of its pork katsu sandwiches (officially the messiest—and maybe tastiest—sandwiches in town). Here you’ll find all the usual Marination suspects, along with the panko fish-and-chips, Hawaiian shave ice, and full bar you want at a summertime waterfront joint. If the on-site rental kayaks and bikes haven’t already taken your breath away, the full--frontal view of downtown Seattle from the picnic tables on the patio will. Breakfast sandwiches too!
1660 Harbor Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98126
- Tues-Thurs, Sun 9am-8pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- This Is What Happens to Your Bike After It’s Stolen
- Finally...Seattle Has a Cat Cafe in the Works
- 10 Frightfully Fun Seattle Halloween Events for 2014
- Crazy Pho Cajun Is Coming to the International District
- Morning Fizz: Mayor Murray's Office Spends $26,460 on First-Year Travel
- Here's How Canlis Should Audition Its New Chef
- Morning Fizz: Airing TV Ads in Cities He Doesn't Represent
- Morning Fizz: Microsoft Makes Its GOP Allegiance Clear