Macrina Bakery and Cafe: Belltown
Belltown became a neighborhood the instant this bakery opened on First Ave. It's the community's warm kitchen, which produces vaunted rustic breads and breakfast coffee cakes (the dense Budapest coffee cake, with its nutty swirl of cocoa, cinnamon, and brown sugar, is the stuff of legend) and muffins and scones and tarts (ahh—the lemon tarts!), all of which—along with good Caffé Vita coffee and a fine rustic weekend brunch—create a rush on the down elevators of neighboring high-rises every morning. The Belltown and the newer Queen Anne branches mount a spread of casually glorious salads, sandwiches, and such at lunch, with the newest SoDo branch offering a cool display bakery where fans can watch the talented Leslie Mackie at work.
2408 First Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "I Was You"
- Parfait Ice Cream Is Opening a Shop (and Patisserie!) in Ballard
- This Week in Happy Hour: Oyster Edition
- Monday Jolt: Council Scuttles McGinn's Proposed Ship Canal Bridge Study
- Friday Jolt: Ugly Deals, Ugly Politics
- Lynn Shelton's 'Laggies' Filming in Seattle