Belltown became a neighborhood the instant this bakery opened on First Ave. It's the community's warm kitchen, which produces vaunted rustic breads and breakfast coffee cakes (the dense Budapest coffee cake, with its nutty swirl of cocoa, cinnamon, and brown sugar, is the stuff of legend) and muffins and scones and tarts (ahh—the lemon tarts!), all of which—along with good Caffé Vita coffee and a fine rustic weekend brunch—create a rush on the down elevators of neighboring high-rises every morning. The Belltown and the newer Queen Anne branches mount a spread of casually glorious salads, sandwiches, and such at lunch, with the newest SoDo branch offering a cool display bakery where fans can watch the talented Leslie Mackie at work.
2408 First Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- 7–7 daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- First Look: Chef Jason Stratton's Aragona
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- An Eater’s Guide to the Malls
- Update: Zara Seattle
- Murray Announces More Top Hires
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen
- Behind the Scenes: Seattle Designer Reina Acab of Le Notre
- Four Observations About Today's Murray Announcement