Belltown became a neighborhood the instant this bakery opened on First Ave. It's the community's warm kitchen, which produces vaunted rustic breads and breakfast coffee cakes (the dense Budapest coffee cake, with its nutty swirl of cocoa, cinnamon, and brown sugar, is the stuff of legend) and muffins and scones and tarts (ahh—the lemon tarts!), all of which—along with good Caffé Vita coffee and a fine rustic weekend brunch—create a rush on the down elevators of neighboring high-rises every morning. The Belltown and the newer Queen Anne branches mount a spread of casually glorious salads, sandwiches, and such at lunch, with the newest SoDo branch offering a cool display bakery where fans can watch the talented Leslie Mackie at work.
2408 First Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- 7–7 daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Trove Opens This Weekend (And Mass Excitement Ensues)
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Morning Fizz: Obliviously
- This Week in Happy Hour: Fremont Edition
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Morning Fizz: Mayor Murray Will Propose Car Sharing Expansion
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: September 11–14