Belltown became a neighborhood the instant this bakery opened on First Ave. It's the community's warm kitchen, which produces vaunted rustic breads and breakfast coffee cakes (the dense Budapest coffee cake, with its nutty swirl of cocoa, cinnamon, and brown sugar, is the stuff of legend) and muffins and scones and tarts (ahh—the lemon tarts!), all of which—along with good Caffé Vita coffee and a fine rustic weekend brunch—create a rush on the down elevators of neighboring high-rises every morning. The Belltown and the newer Queen Anne branches mount a spread of casually glorious salads, sandwiches, and such at lunch, with the newest SoDo branch offering a cool display bakery where fans can watch the talented Leslie Mackie at work.
2408 First Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- 7–7 daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- 25 Drop-Dead Extraordinary Sandwiches
- The 30 Seattle Restaurant Experiences You Must Have Before You Die
- The Waterfront Gondola is Really Happening (Probably)
- Judy Travis Is the 21st Century Video Star
- The Working Stiff's Guide to Lunch in the City
- Bryn Lumsden Will Open Damn the Weather in Pioneer Square
- Morning Fizz: Former Democratic House Member to Run as Republican
- The Pedestrian Chronicles: The Pike-Pine Corridor