The bistro little bro of fancy Rover’s around the corner serves up French classics—velvet chicken liver mousse, a stunning boeuf bourguignon—served with more savoir-faire than their prices would suggest. (The soufflé potato crisps, a labor-intensive appetizer yielding a crop of puffy fries with almost creamy interiors and impossibly crispy crusts, may be the best appetizer in the city.) Thus the two-room place, low-lit with Moroccan lamps, is perpetually packed and fizzy as a sexy cocktail party in full roar; the unofficial Third Place for the well-heeled neighborhoods surrounding the Madison Valley.
2800 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112
- Sun–Thu 4:30–10:30;Fri & Sat 4:30–midnight
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- How Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll Wooed Unchurched Seattle
- Morning Fizz: Friday Likes & Dislikes
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Best Breakfast Spots
- This Week in Restaurant News: Shot Clocks In
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- This Is What Happens to Your Bike After It’s Stolen