An eloquent country-house aesthetic prevails in this airy, two-level space off Occidental, with its bakery, deli, and in-house flower shop, painting a Jane Austen dream of the English countryside—right down to the cobblestones and leafy London plane trees out the window. Foodwise it’s breakfast, lunch, and brunch iterations of Matt Dillon’s (Sitka and Spruce, Bar Sajor) signature passions: bold salads with grains and vegetables, lots of cultured dairy, extraordinary brown bread for spreading, and plenty of vinegar counterpoints. Don’t miss a slice of strawberry cake or gateau Basque for dessert—this bakery is outstanding.
300 & 322 Occidental Ave S
Seattle, WA 98104
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Best New Bar in Seattle
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Quality Athletics Opens (Officially) Today in Pioneer Square
- Tuesday Jolt: Mayor Murray Threatens to Veto Restrictive aPodment Legislation
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Report: Tunnel Tops List of "Highway Boondoggles"
- Cheap Week Seattle: September 15–21