A classy romantic haunt with a cocktail bar vibe and an idiosyncratic culinary aesthetic makes it a kind of Quinn’s, the gastropub on Capitol Hill, for grown-ups. Not surprisingly the owner and chef—who named the place for his entrepreneurial grandfathers—used to chef at Quinn’s; hence the similar lineup of globally sophisticated fare done with finesse and consistency. Look for items like lush rillettes, housemade pastas (such as an exceptional rabbit ravioli over sweet-potato veloute and porcini), heady meats (foie gras over oxtail!), a fascination with game, and numster desserts that can only be described as insane. Servers are so knowledgeable and attentive it can be a little scary.
1525 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Fri & Sat 5–late
Closed Sun & Mon
- Butcher BB Ranch Is Feeding Marijuana to Pigs
- Seattle’s Best Restaurants for Cheap Eats
- Burgess News: Who Does It Help? Who Does It Hurt?
- Friday Jolt: Burgess Withdraws from Mayor's Race
- Morning Fizz: Luckily for Mayor Mike McGinn
- Morning Fizz: 46th District Endorses Murray, Steinbrueck
- Isn't It Weird That
- Campaign Fizz: Burgess Fires Consultant