A classy romantic haunt with a cocktail bar vibe and an idiosyncratic culinary aesthetic makes it a kind of Quinn’s, the gastropub on Capitol Hill, for grown-ups. Not surprisingly the owner and chef—who named the place for his entrepreneurial grandfathers—used to chef at Quinn’s; hence the similar lineup of globally sophisticated fare done with finesse and consistency. Look for items like lush rillettes, housemade pastas (such as an exceptional rabbit ravioli over sweet-potato veloute and porcini), heady meats (foie gras over oxtail!), a fascination with game, and numster desserts that can only be described as insane. Servers are so knowledgeable and attentive it can be a little scary.
1525 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Fri & Sat 5–late
Closed Sun & Mon
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2013
- Friday Jolt: Ugly Deals, Ugly Politics
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 13–16
- Morning Fizz: Breaking Apart for the First Time
- Morning Fizz: "I Was You"
- Five Dinner Series to Put on the Calendar
- Lynn Shelton's 'Laggies' Filming in Seattle