A classy romantic haunt with a cocktail bar vibe and an idiosyncratic culinary aesthetic makes it a kind of Quinn’s, the gastropub on Capitol Hill, for grown-ups. Not surprisingly the owner and chef—who named the place for his entrepreneurial grandfathers—used to chef at Quinn’s; hence the similar lineup of globally sophisticated fare done with finesse and consistency. Look for items like lush rillettes, housemade pastas (such as an exceptional rabbit ravioli over sweet-potato veloute and porcini), heady meats (foie gras over oxtail!), a fascination with game, and numster desserts that can only be described as insane. Servers are so knowledgeable and attentive it can be a little scary.
1525 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
- Tue–Thu 5–10
Fri & Sat 5–late
Closed Sun & Mon
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)