It’s one restaurant in two rooms, each off a different entrance to the pretty Alexis Hotel. Library Bistro, the larger of the two, serves breakfast in a handsome book-lined space filled with leather banquettes as private as study carrels. (Business breakfasters, bring your dealmaking here.) Off the First Avenue entrance is Bookstore Bar, a quiet downtown standby for lunch and dinner ,where bookshelves and magazine racks lend the split-level room the clubby air of a gentleman’s library. It’s dependable for starters, sandwiches (great pulled pork), salads (the Cobb has a following), and journeyman bistro mains including fine herby omelets. And an array of single malts and microbrews add to the urban First Ave buzz.
92 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
- Mon 7–10:30am, 11:30–1
Tue–Fri 7–10:30am, 11:30am–midnight
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- Update: Zara Seattle
- Morning Fizz: Keynote Speaker
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen
- Seattle New Year's Eve Event Guide 2013
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- First Look: Chef Jason Stratton's Aragona
- Morning Fizz: GOP Christmas Wish List