A lakeside restaurant at Carillon Point, with a Franco-corporate sheen and sweeping views over the marina, Le Grand Bistro aims for business and family markets. All the bistro chestnuts are here—coq au vin, moules frites, bouillabaisse—but rarely dazzling, as in the case of a tough steak-frites (with perfect fries, done in peanut oil) and a duck salad whose disparate foodie elements didn’t cohere. Finishing with rum creme brulee is a really great idea: it’s swoony.
2220 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98033
- Mon–Thu 11:30–10:00
Sat & Sun 10:30–9:30
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Trouble With Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Downtown's New Elysian Bar Sounds Pretty Damn Great
- Senator Tom Will Not Run for Reelection
- Flour to the People
- This Week in Restaurant News: Expansions, Cocktails, and Fried Chicken
- Morning Fizz: Brawl Averted, Money Not Diverted
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- A Critic’s Guide to Seattle Restaurant Week 2014