The bold, briny flavors and Moorish influences of Sicilian food were unrepresented in this town till La Medusa took a chance on Columbia City. The place is now on its second set of owners (they also own the terrific Columbia City Bakery down the street), but they've retained the classics—the salt cod fritters in tomato sauce bright with capers and garlic, the spaghetti con le sarde studded with sardines, raisins, pine nuts, and olives—and even bettered a few things, like crispy-crusted pizzas. In summer, try the prix-fixe Market Dinners when the Columbia City Farmers Market is in full bloom. Though the restaurant can make legitimate claim to culinary pretension, it's just-folks enough to give the kids a hunk of pizza dough on arrival. It's small, but uncomfortable chairs keep the waits short.
4857 Rainier Ave S
Seattle, WA 98118
- Tue & Thu 5–9; Wed 5–10; Fri & Sat 4–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- Update: Zara Seattle
- Morning Fizz: Keynote Speaker
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen
- Seattle New Year's Eve Event Guide 2013
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- First Look: Chef Jason Stratton's Aragona
- Morning Fizz: GOP Christmas Wish List