Scarlet lanterns reading "Izakaya" light up the doorways of Tokyo snack bars, beckoning weary workers with early-evening belts and bites. Two such oblong fixtures dangle outside Kaname, where worn hardwoods and lager-promoting table tents feel as spot-on as the menu—fried chicken, chilled tofu, snowball-size panko-crusted croquettes—and the focus on shochu, an earthy spirit made from potato, barley, or rice that they sip like crazy in Japan. The place is filled with downtown white collars who hop the light rail from University Street Station with happy hour on their minds.
610 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104
- Tues–Thu 11:30am–2pm & 5–9
Fri 11:30am–2pm & 5–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Trove Opens This Weekend (And Mass Excitement Ensues)
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Morning Fizz: Obliviously
- This Week in Happy Hour: Fremont Edition
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Morning Fizz: Mayor Murray Will Propose Car Sharing Expansion
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: September 11–14