John Howie Steak
The fourth high-end steakhouse in downtown Bellevue is Bravern elegant—from the piano bar to the classy wall of windows overlooking the Cascades—and yes, that eight-ounce Kobe filet mignon does cost $130. But the place also enshrines the big, populist flavors of mesquite-grilled beef (cooked precisely, with a whisper of crust) and Kurobota bacon (tempura-fried!) and big, cheesy sides. All this richness doesn't come cheap, of course, but at lunch the place shape-shifts to genuinely affordable. Lunch or dinner, you'll want to get good and private with your dessert.
11111 NE Eighth St
Bellevue, WA 98004
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "I Was You"
- Parfait Ice Cream Is Opening a Shop (and Patisserie!) in Ballard
- This Week in Happy Hour: Oyster Edition
- Monday Jolt: Council Scuttles McGinn's Proposed Ship Canal Bridge Study
- Friday Jolt: Ugly Deals, Ugly Politics
- Lynn Shelton's 'Laggies' Filming in Seattle