Remember the Golden Globes red-carpet moment when Isaac Mizrahi marveled aloud at Scarlett Johansson's…cantileverage? Welcome to Joeys, staffed and frequented by all manner of Scarletts and the gravity-defying goods their mamas gave 'em. They and their Abercrombie admirers look ravishing against a backdrop of glassy modern design: dark walls, amber light, throbbing techno, and floor-to-ceiling windows exposing the sweep of Lake Union. Considering the stage set, the menu is surprisingly affordable. And it ensures a youthful crowd by offering plenty of boldly flavored bar grazes (including delish wonton "tacos" with wasabi-lime aioli and lush chunks of ahi), comfort classics, and accessible Asian fare. (And weak cocktails.) Even if the gorgeous servers sometimes seem to have nothing on their minds but their hair—one visit included two wrong orders—corporate (Joeys is a Canadian chain) has trained them well in the compensatory arts. Other Joeys improve the scenery in Bellevue and Southcenter Mall.
800 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé