Something exploded in downtown’s most baroque comfort-food-o-rama—and if you clean your plate here it just might be you. Cushioned booths and tables on two levels allow for a comfy perch and a color-drenched eyeful—but come for the meatloaf, which eschews herby or bready in favor of good old-fashioned sweet, with its ketchupy molasses glaze. Or get a load of the mac ‘n’ cheese: the waiter hacks through the crunchy breadcrumb crust with a spoon, then pours melted cheese from a pitcher into the hole. Nobody’s going to win any culinary awards in here, but lotsa tourists will get fat and happy.
For more Seattle restaurant coverage, check out the eat and drink section.
1933 5th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
- Mon–Thu 11:30–2, 5–10
Fri 11:30–2, 5–11
Sat 10–2, 5–11
Sun 10–2, 5–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Trove Opens This Weekend (And Mass Excitement Ensues)
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Morning Fizz: Obliviously
- This Week in Happy Hour: Fremont Edition
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Morning Fizz: Mayor Murray Will Propose Car Sharing Expansion
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: September 11–14