This storefront treasure isn’t fancy, but it is revered among Vietnamese for serving unheralded specialties from around the old royal capital of Huê, the epicenter of Vietnamese cuisine. And it’s stayed focused for two decades on turning out some of the very best Vietnamese food in town, using impeccably fresh ingredients, for no more than $10 a person. Of particular note are soups, especially thâp câ’m, a clear pork broth with egg or glass noodles, a full brace of squid, shrimp, sliced pork, and quail eggs; and (weekdays only) mî vit tiêm, a rich star-anise-teased duck and vegetable broth with egg noodles and black mushrooms and a braised quarter-bird. Great sweets and candies.
1207 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98144-2018
- 9am–8pm daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."