The second branch for this sustainable sandwich stop on Capitol Hill. Homegrown is the project of a couple of twentysomething childhood buddies with repurposed tables, an open kitchen, and a big chalkboard menu. Best, the sandwiches, soups, salads, and sides listed on that menu burst with more than quality and freshness. They are exuberant assemblages of foods that simply taste perfect together—like a slab of blackened cod with sweet slaw on a panino roll, or a perfect toss of arugula with flank steak, blue cheese, red onion, and honey mustard. Homemade potato chips come with a salt of the day; homemade fries might be parsnip, turnip, and yam. And all the pristine sourcing and blazing creativity come with a heaping side order of what may be this year's most important ingredient: value. It's tough to pay over $12 in here. There’s sidewalk seating and a late-night menu for Hill-going revelers.
1531 Melrose Ave E
Seattle, WA 98122
- Daily 8am–8pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Trove Opens This Weekend (And Mass Excitement Ensues)
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Morning Fizz: Obliviously
- This Week in Happy Hour: Fremont Edition
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Morning Fizz: Mayor Murray Will Propose Car Sharing Expansion
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: September 11–14