The second branch for this sustainable sandwich stop on Capitol Hill. Homegrown is the project of a couple of twentysomething childhood buddies with repurposed tables, an open kitchen, and a big chalkboard menu. Best, the sandwiches, soups, salads, and sides listed on that menu burst with more than quality and freshness. They are exuberant assemblages of foods that simply taste perfect together—like a slab of blackened cod with sweet slaw on a panino roll, or a perfect toss of arugula with flank steak, blue cheese, red onion, and honey mustard. Homemade potato chips come with a salt of the day; homemade fries might be parsnip, turnip, and yam. And all the pristine sourcing and blazing creativity come with a heaping side order of what may be this year's most important ingredient: value. It's tough to pay over $12 in here. There’s sidewalk seating and a late-night menu for Hill-going revelers.
1531 Melrose Ave E
Seattle, WA 98122
- Daily 8am–8pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- First Look: Chef Jason Stratton's Aragona
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- Update: Zara Seattle
- An Eater’s Guide to the Malls
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen
- Behind the Scenes: Seattle Designer Reina Acab of Le Notre
- Morning Fizz: Two Deputy Mayors
- Morning Fizz: Future Salaries