A bustling, family-friendly sparkler in the heart of U Village serves up artisan versions of crowdpleasing food—s-l-o-w-l-y. (They’re always slammed.) When the food does arrive you can sometimes detect its provenance—the farm-to-table genius of Poppy proprietor and Grace Kitchen consultant, Jerry Traunfeld—as in the case of a grass-fed burger on a bakery roll with roasted tomatoes and aioli and Beecher’s cheddar, or a fine steak-frites topped with a tart chimmichurri and served with excessively edible matchstick fries. Mostly, this one’s lowest-common-denominator all the way—not altogether bad news when it comes to huge brunch plates and goopy desserts.
2630 NE University Village
Seattle, WA 98105
- Mon–Thu, Sun 7am–9pm; Sat & Sun 7am–10pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- How Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll Wooed Unchurched Seattle
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- Morning Fizz: A Special Session for Transportation Funding and Not K-12 Funding?
- Morning Fizz: Friday Likes & Dislikes
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Paying for Pronto
- 30 Perfect Day Trips