The casual culinary offspring of local craft brewery Epic Ales makes up in gastronomy what it lacks in decor. Itself a culinary enterprise, Epic devotes itself to the use of uncommon grains, aromatics (lemongrass, spruce tips, chamomile), and sour mash fermenting to create beers of exceptional wildness and funk. The tiny kitchen extemporizes food to match—gloriously seasonal and local—where organic carrot greens might ruffle salads of roast carrots and grilled apricots and slivers of preserved lemon; where swoony chunks of lamb belly and roasted garlic aioli might liven up a classic BLT. Of the roughly half-dozen entrees nightly, don’t ignore the okonomiyaki, a Japanese pancake/tabula rasa for all manner of culinary playfulness.
3201 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134
- Tues-Sat 4-10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Conservative Opinion Writer Out at Seattle Times
- Morning Fizz: "Support of Property Owners Will Not be Forthcoming."
- The Dining Variable You Never Think About
- The London Plane: Pretty and Potent
- Hommage (née Book Bindery) Opens This Week
- Morning Fizz: "We Have a Challenge Ahead of Us in 'To Be Determined' Funding."
- Best Breakfast Spots