The casual culinary offspring of local craft brewery Epic Ales makes up in gastronomy what it lacks in decor. Itself a culinary enterprise, Epic devotes itself to the use of uncommon grains, aromatics (lemongrass, spruce tips, chamomile), and sour mash fermenting to create beers of exceptional wildness and funk. The tiny kitchen extemporizes food to match—gloriously seasonal and local—where organic carrot greens might ruffle salads of roast carrots and grilled apricots and slivers of preserved lemon; where swoony chunks of lamb belly and roasted garlic aioli might liven up a classic BLT. Of the roughly half-dozen entrees nightly, don’t ignore the okonomiyaki, a Japanese pancake/tabula rasa for all manner of culinary playfulness.
3201 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134
- Tues-Sat 4-10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- How Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll Wooed Unchurched Seattle
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- Morning Fizz: A Special Session for Transportation Funding and Not K-12 Funding?
- Morning Fizz: Friday Likes & Dislikes
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Paying for Pronto
- 30 Perfect Day Trips