When Full Tilt husband-wife team Justin Cline and Ann Magyar saw a survey of White Center residents indicating they'd like to see an ice cream parlor open nearby, the couple decided to give it a go. Cline, an ex-yacht builder, went all mad scientist in his home kitchen, mixing up ingredients you'd never find at Baskin Robbins (bacon ice cream, anyone?). But he wasn't in it just to sell scoops. An avid pinballer—he used to live above Shorty's, the infamous Belltown bar and arcade—Cline went out and leased eight pinball machines and arcade games, envisioning an every-walk-of-life-welcome neighborhood hangout. Then he started scheduling local music talent—from high school acts to seasoned DJs—to perform Saturdays at all-ages shows. The result: a nonbar, noncafe; to relax and loiter in with friends while enjoying a truly original, ever changing array of frozen flavors. Try the cinnamon rice milk-flavored horchata, fruity mamey sapote, or vegan coconut pandan —made with a leaf used in Asian desserts.
5453 Leary Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
- Sun–Thu noon–10
Fri & Sat noon–midnight
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- 25 Drop-Dead Extraordinary Sandwiches
- Judy Travis Is the 21st Century Video Star
- Friday Extra Fizz: Sharing Cars, Vacating Alleys, and Restricting Signs
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 6–9
- Morning Fizz: Teachers are in "Open Revolt"
- This Week In Restaurant News: Look, New Projects That Aren't in Pioneer Square!
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- The Working Stiff's Guide to Lunch in the City