When Full Tilt husband-wife team Justin Cline and Ann Magyar saw a survey of White Center residents indicating they'd like to see an ice cream parlor open nearby, the couple decided to give it a go. Cline, an ex-yacht builder, went all mad scientist in his home kitchen, mixing up ingredients you'd never find at Baskin Robbins (bacon ice cream, anyone?). But he wasn't in it just to sell scoops. An avid pinballer—he used to live above Shorty's, the infamous Belltown bar and arcade—Cline went out and leased eight pinball machines and arcade games, envisioning an every-walk-of-life-welcome neighborhood hangout. Then he started scheduling local music talent—from high school acts to seasoned DJs—to perform Saturdays at all-ages shows. The result: a nonbar, noncafé to relax and loiter in with friends while enjoying a truly original, ever changing array of frozen flavors. Try the cinnamon rice milk-flavored horchata, fruity mamey sapote, or vegan coconut pandan —made with a leaf used in Asian desserts.
5041 Rainier Ave S
Seattle, WA 9818
- Mon–Thu noon–10
Fri & Sat noon–11
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: December 4–10
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."