As if biscuits and gravy weren't already going to be the giddiest part of your day—how about biscuits fashioned into a cheese-enriched bowl brimming with sausage? This windowy West Seattle bistro is calming as a bath-and-body shop, with food that's considerably more entertaining. Menus (brunch, lunch, and dinner) traffic in crowd-pleasers—crab cakes, kalbi-marinated flank steak—but gussied up in creative global guises. So pork belly is served as a banh mi sandwich; honey prawns come (delectably) sheathed in a shiso crust with a green mango salad. Desserts, like s'mores that arrived with a flame-shaped graham cracker, are tons o' fun. Surprise surprise.
4725 42nd Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116
- Mon–Thu 5–10
Sat 10am-3pm, 5-midnight
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."
- There Are Two New Faces Behind the Bar at Zig Zag
- Morning Fizz: Council Skeptical of $1.07 Billion Waterfront Project (LIKE); Celis in Bike Gear (DISLIKE)