Pizza’s the chow of now, thanks in part to Flying Squirrel Pizza Co. It offers a few tables in shiny, crisply appointed new spaces and one-size pies for around $19 each, along with salads and apps and ice creams. (Molly Moon’s!) But Flying Squirrel is all about artisan toppings—cured meats from Salumi, chicken from Roy’s BBQ, Maytag blue cheese, and locally grown produce—on chewy, sinking crusts bound up with tangy tomato sauce.
The pizza parlor with the mostly organic, very inventive toppings opens shop in Maple Leaf in the storefront that once housed A New York Pizza Place.
8310 5th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
- Sun–Thu 5–9:30
Fri & Sat 5–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)