Pizza’s the chow of now, thanks in part to Flying Squirrel Pizza Co. It offers a few tables in shiny, crisply appointed new spaces and one-size pies for around $19 each, along with salads and apps and ice creams. (Molly Moon’s!) But Flying Squirrel is all about artisan toppings—cured meats from Salumi, chicken from Roy’s BBQ, Maytag blue cheese, and locally grown produce—on chewy, sinking crusts bound up with tangy tomato sauce.
The pizza parlor with the mostly organic, very inventive toppings opens shop in Maple Leaf in the storefront that once housed A New York Pizza Place.
8310 5th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
- Sun–Thu 5–9:30
Fri & Sat 5–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Conservative Opinion Writer Out at Seattle Times
- Morning Fizz: "Support of Property Owners Will Not be Forthcoming."
- Best Breakfast Spots
- The Dining Variable You Never Think About
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Morning Fizz: "We Have a Challenge Ahead of Us in 'To Be Determined' Funding."
- "Disruptive" Commenter Zimerman Still Barred From Council Chambers