Pizza’s the chow of now, thanks in part to Flying Squirrel Pizza Co. It offers a few tables in shiny, crisply appointed new spaces and one-size pies for around $19 each, along with salads and apps and ice creams. (Molly Moon’s!) But Flying Squirrel is all about artisan toppings—cured meats from Salumi, chicken from Roy’s BBQ, Maytag blue cheese, and locally grown produce—on chewy, sinking crusts bound up with tangy tomato sauce.
The pizza parlor with the mostly organic, very inventive toppings opens shop in Maple Leaf in the storefront that once housed A New York Pizza Place.
8310 5th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
- Sun–Thu 5–9:30
Fri & Sat 5–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Best Breakfast Spots
- How Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll Wooed Unchurched Seattle
- This Is What Happens to Your Bike After It’s Stolen
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale