Pizza’s the chow of now, thanks in part to Flying Squirrel Pizza Co. It offers a few tables in shiny, crisply appointed new spaces and one-size pies for around $19 each, along with salads and apps and ice creams. (Molly Moon’s!) But Flying Squirrel is all about artisan toppings—cured meats from Salumi, chicken from Roy’s BBQ, Maytag blue cheese, and locally grown produce—on chewy, sinking crusts bound up with tangy tomato sauce.
The pizza parlor with the mostly organic, very inventive toppings opens shop in Maple Leaf in the storefront that once housed A New York Pizza Place.
8310 5th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
- Sun–Thu 5–9:30
Fri & Sat 5–10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Cheap Week Seattle: September 15–21
- Quality Athletics Opens (Officially) Today in Pioneer Square
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Tuesday Jolt: Mayor Murray Threatens to Veto Restrictive aPodment Legislation
- Trove Opens This Weekend (And Mass Excitement Ensues)
- Cantina Cuisine: Authentic Mexican Food on Capitol Hill