Several family-owned chicken shacks across the region prove that you don't need fancy digs—heck, you don't even need tables—to dazzle the High Priestess of Comfort Food, Oprah Winfrey. (Yup, there's her portrait with Ezell up on the wall.) The crunchy fried chicken is dazzling enough—moist, not greasy (okay…maybe a little greasy)—especially when you order it spicy, along with a few fried livers and gizzards, throw in some cole slaw…and how about just one slice of sweet potato pie? Best to make sure it's all there, as friendly servers invariably miss something. "Honey," replied one, double-checking an order, "there's a whole lotta love in that bag."
501 23rd Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Mon-Thu 10-10; Fri & Sat 10am-11pm; Sun 11-10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- 25 Drop-Dead Extraordinary Sandwiches
- Judy Travis Is the 21st Century Video Star
- Friday Extra Fizz: Sharing Cars, Vacating Alleys, and Restricting Signs
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 6–9
- Morning Fizz: Teachers are in "Open Revolt"
- This Week In Restaurant News: Look, New Projects That Aren't in Pioneer Square!
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- The Working Stiff's Guide to Lunch in the City