Several family-owned chicken shacks across the region prove that you don't need fancy digs—heck, you don't even need tables—to dazzle the High Priestess of Comfort Food, Oprah Winfrey. (Yup, there's her portrait with Ezell up on the wall.) The crunchy fried chicken is dazzling enough—moist, not greasy (okay…maybe a little greasy)—especially when you order it spicy, along with a few fried livers and gizzards, throw in some cole slaw…and how about just one slice of sweet potato pie? Best to make sure it's all there, as friendly servers invariably miss something. "Honey," replied one, double-checking an order, "there's a whole lotta love in that bag."
501 23rd Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Mon-Thu 10-10; Fri & Sat 10am-11pm; Sun 11-10
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Trouble With Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Downtown's New Elysian Bar Sounds Pretty Damn Great
- Senator Tom Will Not Run for Reelection
- Flour to the People
- This Week in Restaurant News: Expansions, Cocktails, and Fried Chicken
- Morning Fizz: Brawl Averted, Money Not Diverted
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- A Critic’s Guide to Seattle Restaurant Week 2014